Thursday, July 23, 2009

mermaids are all around





these are beautiful creatures. i sometimes wonder if i can ever be as beautiful as they are. as graceful as they are but when it all comes down too it i know i will never be better than them. i'm a monster in the mirror and those ponds i sometimes walk by them and look into them and all i see is a faceless monster with nothing to hold me back from death. feeling a chilly wind as i hold my black trench against my spineless body. imagining that this place im standing on is really a hillside near the oceans edge from atop i will jump to my death and have myself lie under for im no mermaid. im a nothing with out grace and beauty. they are such harmless creatures who live among us. but we hide the thought of it. i take in an ocean breeze and i will whisper quietly to them my darkest secrets hoping someone will save me. but no one ever does. i write small notes on trees truck in the oceans forest near by and hope someone sees them. no one ever answers them. mermaids can lure anyone with a single stare. but not me. for i am no mermaid just a harmless creature lost at sea.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone has something that they feel makes them the most hideous person alive. I know you probably won't believe me, but I also hate my reflection. Not because of physical appearance, but because of all the lies and knowing I've hurt people and I cannot undo it. I hate myself because of who I am not just because of what I look like. You have to find someway to handle what you look like. I find that being skinny is rather gross and I;m only this way because I barely eat. It's unhealthy and I see sickness when I look in the mirror. Being skinny doesn't make you pretty. I'm skinny and not very many people think I'm pretty, it's all about who you are and you aren't ugly.

    ReplyDelete